Each year the Minister for Education and Child Development makes funds available for the Parent Initiatives in Education (PIE) Grant Program for government schools and preschools. The grants encourage and promote greater participation of parents and caregivers who are not
well represented in preschool or school decision-making.
On this page:
Application process for 2013 PIE Grant Funding
Applications for 2013 PIE Grant funding
To be eligible an application for PIE grant funding must:
- be initiated by parent/caregiver groups - for example governing councils, parent clubs or individual parents/caregivers
- have a clear focus on increasing parental/caregiver involvement in their children's schooling and education
- indicate whether the school or preschool will provide support for the program
a detailed budget - the total amount for each initiative/application must not exceed $2,500
Application form for 2013 Parent Initiatives in Education (PIE) Grant
Examples of successful PIE Grant projects
on Friday, 28 September 2012 at 5pm. Applications postmarked up to 5pm
on the closing date will be accepted. Late or incomplete applications
will not be accepted.
[top of page]
PIE Grant selection panel checks applications for eligibility and also checks applications against the following criteria:
- Does the application develop parent/caregiver and school partnerships?
the application trial initiatives which provide opportunities for
parents/caregivers to develop community partnerships that enhance local
care and education
- Does the application support families to develop their parenting role in understanding learning?
- Does the application have processes to engage parents/caregivers currently not involved in the preschool or school community?
All applications that meet the criteria will be considered, however
priority will be given to preschools or schools not funded in the 2012
PIE Grant process.
On this site
Financial help, scholarships and grants
Family and community involvement in education
Office of Schools, telephone 8463 6580