Coastal and marine environments
Find out about South Australia’s coastal and marine environments. This site will tell you about legislation and policies and provides links to Adelaide’s Dolphin Sanctuary and the information hotline.
General and technical information on our marine parks, including descriptions of the parks, where they are and how to get involved. You will find checklists, publications and reports.
Information for recreational fishers outlining:
- permitted hand held fishing devices
- fishing catch limits (size, bag and boat limits)
- when you can fish
- what areas are closed to fishing
- how to handle your catch
- what species are protected
- and more.
Reporting sightings to FishWatch
Help protect our fish stocks by reporting to FishWatch:
- sightings of marine pests and introduced seaweed
- stranded or injured marine mammals and rare species
- mass fish kills
- shark sightings
- oil and chemical spills.