Subsidised taxi fares are available through the South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme (SATSS) for people with permanent and severe disabilities.
- A 50 per cent taxi fare subsidy is available for people who are able to walk (not confined to a wheelchair).
- A 75 per cent taxi fare subsidy is available for people who are confined to a wheelchair.
How to apply
Step 1: Complete the application for transport assistance.
Help completing the application may be required from a general practitioner, medical specialist or mobility instructor.
Applications must be accompanied by one passport-sized colour photograph (head and shoulders), which must be certified by a responsible person who:
- is 18 years of age
- has known the applicant for at least 12 months
- is not related to the applicant by birth or marriage
- is not in a de facto relationship with the applicant (this includes a same sex relationship)
- does not live at the applicant’s address.
Step 2: Return the completed application form, photograph and any other supporting documents to:
South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme Data Processing Services
GPO Box 2830
Adelaide SA 5001
You will be notified by mail as to whether your application is successful.
Successful applicants will receive information explaining how to use the subsidy scheme, a photo-identiﬁcation card that must be carried when using a taxi and a book of subsidy vouchers.
South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme
Phone: 1300 360 840