Information for people going to court
in South Australia is provided by the Courts Administration Authority and includes advice about the:
- Supreme Court
- District Court
- Magistrates Court
- Environment, Resources and Development Court
- victims and prosecution witnesses
- glossary of court terms
- child care services.
Information about the jury system
is provided by the Courts Administration Authority of South Australia and includes:
- being called for jury duty
- people who are disqualified
- people who are ineligible
- getting paid
- employer obligations to release you for jury service.
Being a witness
Information about being a witness is provided by the Federal Court of Australia and includes:
- how to prepare for the hearing
- what to expect when you attend Court
- giving evidence
A person who had not yet turned 18 years on the day that they allegedly committed the offence is normally tried as a child. Find out more about children and the justice system on the Legal Services Commission website.
Victims of crime
Information about support and counselling services for victims of crime is provided on the South Australia Police website.
[top of page]
On this site
Going to prison
Courts Administration Authority