If you're finding it hard to make ends meet you may consider financial counselling.
You may be:
- behind in loan or credit repayments
- facing a sudden drop in income due to job loss or other misfortune
- unable to pay your rent or mortgage
- unsure about a contract you have signed
- unfairly treated by traders or creditors
- facing court action because of your debts
- considering bankruptcy.
The Commonwealth Financial Counselling program provides free counselling to those on a low income experiencing financial difficulties. Phone 1800 007 007 to find services in your area.
Help with household bills and costs
See Concessions and entitlements
for advice about concessions or discounts on household bills and transport costs.
Financial plannning - Department of Health and Ageing
Your finances - seniors.gov.au
Pensions, income advice and credit cards - About Seniors